We run two programmes for women. They are:
- Our Strengthening Women programme, and
- Our Women’s Respect programme.
Details of these programmes are given below:
Our Strengthening Women programme:
Strengthening Women is a programme designed for women who are in (or have been in) abusive or violent relationships. This may include verbal, emotional, physical or sexual violence, including making threats, name-calling, controlling who you see, putting you down, hitting you, imposing sexual contact upon you, using humiliating sexual language or breaking objects. Our Strengthening Women programme includes:
- Providing support from women who understand your experiences
- Offering a safe, confidential environment in which to talk about your experiences
- Information about ways to keep yourself and your children safe
- Helping you see what choices you have about leaving or staying in the relationship (for those women still in an abusive or violent relationship)
- Understanding the dynamics of abusive relationships (so you don’t enter another one)
- Giving you the opportunity to plan for a brighter future
- Informing you of support agencies in the community
If you have been in an abusive or violent relationship of any type, then our Strengthening Women programme will be able to help you.
Our Respect programme:
Our Respect programmes for women helps women address issues of anger, abuse or violence that they may be facing in their lives. For some women this anger may be related to having experienced abuse in their own lives. For others the pressure of everyday life (including financial pressures, pressures of parenting and so forth) may have become too much. Our Respect programmes teach a range of skills for how to deal with issues of anger, abuse and violence in respectful ways.