Our Children and Teenager’s programmes help children or teenagers who have witnessed or experienced domestic violence. Often children who are in this situation feel very isolated and alone. Children may blame themselves for this violence. Being part of a group with other children helps children realise they are not alone and that other children have had similar experiences. Our Children and Teenager’s Support and Education programmes help children to:
- Recognise violent behaviour and how respond to this behaviour (to keep themselves safe)
- Understand the effects of abuse and violence
- Understand that they are not to blame for what adults have done
- Deal with their own anger (if this is an issue for them)
- Understand and name feelings
- Take responsibility for their own actions
If a child or teenager has witnessed or experienced domestic violence then our Children’s and Teenager’s Support and Education programme will be able to help them.